Vplus Engineering is part of the Vplus Subsidy Scheme, which supported by the HKSAR Government for promotion of lifelong learning. To encourage working adults to pursue higher qualifications geared towards upward mobility while promoting professionalism in the disciplines of construction and engineering, Vplus Engineering will subsidise students pursuing the designated VTC professional part-time programme.
Under the scheme, eligible applicants for the subsidy should meet all the following criteria –
- (a) Holder of Hong Kong Permanent Resident Identity Card; and
- (b) has newly and successfully enrolled for the first time into the relevant self-financing part-time programme offered by VTC. The programme enrolled should be –
- (i) accredited at Qualifications Framework (QF) Level 3 to 5 by the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications, excluding Associate Degree and bachelor’s degree programmes; and
- (ii) under the area of study/training in “Architecture and Town Planning” or “Engineering and Technology” under the classification of the Hong Kong Qualifications Register (QR).
- (c) for the same VTC part-time programme, has not applied for or been granted any other form of government subsidy or financial assistance or subsidy from your employer, for example, but not limited to“Continuing Education Fund (CEF)” or “Extended Non-means-tested Loan Scheme (ENLS)”, “Reindustrialisation and Technology Training Programme” (RTTP) or "Maritime and Aviation Training Fund" etc.
*Successful applicants will be refunded 60% of the tuition fees of eligible programmes, subject to a maximum of $45,000 per person. Applicants may apply for fee refund for not more than two programmes under the scheme. The tuition fee will be reimbursed by instalments at the end of each term of the programme upon successful completion. Refunds will be granted on a first-come-first-served basis with no pre-set quota for individual programmes.
For more information about Vplus Engineering, please click Details.