Vplus Engineering is part of the Vplus Subsidy Scheme, which supported by the HKSAR Government for promotion of lifelong learning. To encourage working adults to pursue higher qualifications geared towards upward mobility while promoting professionalism in the disciplines of construction and engineering, Vplus Engineering will subsidise students pursuing the designated VTC professional part-time programme.
Eligibility for Application
- The applicant must be a holder of Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card; and
- The applicant has successfully enrolled for the first time into the relevant eligible programme, and not having applied for or been granted any financial assistance/ subsidy from the employer or any other form of government subsidy (such as “Continuing Education Fund (CEF)”, “Extended Non-means-tested Loan Scheme (ENLS)”, “Reindustrialisation and Technology Training Programme (RTTP)”, "Maritime and Aviation Training Fund" etc.) for the same programme.
Relevant self-financing part-time programme offered by VTC which should be
- accredited at Qualifications Framework (QF) Level 3 to 5 by the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications, excluding Associate Degree and Bachelor’s Degree programmes; and
- under the area of study/training in “Architecture and Town Planning” or “Engineering and Technology” under the classification of the Hong Kong Qualifications Register (QR).
- Higher Diploma/Diploma of Foundation Studies: from the programme commencement date to 31 Oct in the enrolled Academic Year.
- Professional Diploma Mister, Professional Diploma, Professional Certificate, Diploma and Certificate: Within ONE month following the class commencement.
Late Application will NOT be accepted.
- Successful applicants will be refunded 60% of the paid tuition fees of eligible programmes, subject to a maximum of HK$45,000 per person.
- Applicants may apply for fee refund for not more than two programmes.
- The tuition fee will be reimbursed by instalments at the end of each term of the programme (Higher Diploma/Diploma of Foundation Studies) or modules (Professional Diploma Meister, Professional Diploma, Professional Certificate, Diploma and Certificate) upon successful completion.
Reimbursement will be made to eligible applicants at the end of April, August, and October by direct credit to applicants’ bank accounts.
- Refunds will be granted on a first-come-first-served basis with no pre-set quota for individual programmes.
Application and Reimbursement Status
Applicant may check the following information through the system
- Application result
- Reimbursement records
How to enable the Vplus Enquiry System?